Make your celebrations even more special with Shan Tandoori Chicken Pot Pie, a mouth-watering food inspiration to get your festive spirits up.
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- AP Flour
- Ice Cold Water
- Heavy Cream
- Garlic Cloves, Minced
- Chicken Broth
- Red Onion,
- All-purpose flour
A Quarter Cup
- Egg, Beaten for Egg Wash
- Frozen peas
- Cooked Chicken, Shredded
- Shan Tandoori Sauce
- Black pepper powder
For Pie crust (Two, 8 inch disks):
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a clean bowl.
- Cut butter into small cubes and combine with the mixture by rubbing between the fingers.
- Once the butter is incorporated with the flour and forms lentil size balls Add lemon juice and ice cold water.
- Carefully fold the dough.
- Cut into 2 halves and shape them into disks.
- Use the clean wrap to cover and place them in the refrigerator for 15 mins
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
- In a saucepan, put chicken and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside. Shred the chicken when it's cold.
- In the pan over medium heat, pour oil and add garlic, cook until it is brown. Saute onion, celery, and carrot. Stir in flour, salt, pepper.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth.
- Combine shredded chicken and frozen peas.
- Add Shan’s Tandoori sauce.
- Pour heavy cream and simmer over medium-low heat until thick.
- Taste, Remove from heat and set aside.
- Apply butter on the mold and coat them with flour, keep it aside.
- Dust the flour and dough.
- Carefully spread the disks into 8 inches in size and use the rolling pin to carry the crust before placing it into the mold.
- Put the filling and spread them evenly.
- Spread the other half of the crust and place it over the filling. Pack them tightly by joining the ends.
- Leave enough slits for steam to pass.
- Give an egg wash and bake them in a preheated oven for 1hr at 180 degrees celsius. Serve and Enjoy!